Tuesday, September 6, 2011

26 FAIRMOUNT AVENUE Audiobook

Suzanne lives in Louisville, Kentucky. The following part of her letter is about the audiobook edition of 26 FAIRMOUNT AVENUE.

"It was January. It was cold and gray. And I was going through a particularly difficult time in my life. There's no way to express what listening to that book on tape did for my mood, my mental health and my heart! Every morning we'd turn on the car CD player before even leaving the driveway, so anxious to hear your captivating stories and exuberant, laughter-filled voice. The book itself is wonderful, but to hear you read your own words to us in your own unique, completely joyful way was a special gift. I'll never forget those mornings - driving along on the way to school with my 4 and 6 year olds in the back seat, steaming coffee mug in one hand and silent tears streaming down my face from the difficulties of the night before. And then, suddenly, laughter bubbling to the surface and unexpectedly ending the tears and sadness, all because of you and your wonderful anecdotes. You are SUCH an amazing storyteller!"

Tomie: Thank you for the sweet words.