Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When It's Your Turn to Ask a Question, Stand, Say Your Name and Speak Clearly!

It's now time for Miss Vicino's class at Atholton Elementary to ask questions.

Q: Why do you have lots of peacocks in STREGA NONA?
A: I like peacocks, and they're fun to draw.

Q: Have you been to Italy?
A: Si.

Q: Have you been to Calabria?
A: No.

Q: What was your first book you wrote?
A: The first book I both wrote and illustrated was THE WONDERFUL DRAGON OF TIMLIN.

Q: Why did you write BONJOUR, MR. SATIE?
A: I had a wonderful cat I had named Satie. When I would go on trips, I imagined Satie to have a very active life, including going on his own travels. So, I decided to write a book about Satie's adventures.

Q: Are you Italian?
A: My mother was Irish and my father was Italian. I'm an Irish-Italian American.

Comment: I enjoyed reading your spectacular books.
A: I enjoyed reading your spectacular letters.