Tuesday, April 7, 2020

REMEMBERING TOMIE on April 7, 2020

Tomie and Monique Cheret, of Paris, married in 1959 in Chester, Vermont. (They divorced in 1961.) Tomie's sisters and I couldn't determine what year they married, so I reached out to Tomie's Pratt Institute friend, Delli. Delli knew because the years were in black-and-white in Barbara Elleman's book about Tomie. I had come to the conclusion that most happenings in life had connections to Broadway and film songs. So, often, I would tell Tomie that something reminded me of a lyric and he would, with his amazing memory, eventually guess what I was trying to remember. Which reminds me of a song often played by his friend Christine Pedi on her Sirius/XM radio program "On Broadway": "Ah, Yes, I Remember It Well," from "Gigi." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxM5rJ-uiY (Bob)