Thursday, December 26, 2013

Abby From Nova Scotia

Abby in Nova Scotia wrote a letter and asked some questions.

Q: Are you and your brother Buddy best friends now?
A: My brother Buddy died many years ago. We were never good friends, but we got along just fine.

Q: Are you going to write any more books about 26 Fairmount Avenue?
A: I hope to write one more "26 Fairmount Avenue" book, but it isn't scheduled, so I don't know when I will do it.

Q: In the book "Why?" you tell about your cousin Blackie bringing you a Hawaiian grass skirt. Do you still have it?
A: I no longer have the grass skirt that Blackie gave me. I'll be 80 in 2014, so I'd probably look pretty silly wearing it.

Q: In the book "Big Anthony" did you base Big Anthony's name on Blackie?
A: Big Anthony was named after my middle name, Anthony. His look was patterned after my cousin Frankie. I think we all are a little like Big Anthony. Big Anthony isn't stupid. He just doesn't pay attention.