Saturday, November 29, 2008

They're Talking About Me in Indiana!

Kathleen in Zionsville, Indiana, has a future career as a reporter.

Comment/Question: I read your book 26 FAIRMOUNT AVENUE. I chose this book because in the story your family was moving, and so was I! When you moved did you miss your friends?
A: We didn't move very far away from our former home. So, I still saw my old friends, and I made new friends.

Q: What was it like living in a big house right on top of a hill?
A: It wasn't that the house was on top of a hill as much as the new road was graded in such a way that the house was much higher than the road. We did have a beautiful view of West Peak and the hanging hills of Meriden, Connecticut... until a lot of other families moved to the area and into their new houses, and our view became obstructed.

Q: Why did you decide to write a book about your childhood?
A: I had an interesting childhood. NANA UPSTAIRS & NANA DOWNSTAIRS was the first time I wrote about my childhood.

Comment: I really want to read more of your books.
A: I want you to read more of my books!