Sunday, February 13, 2011

Run! Run! Run!

Mrs. Zabbo's third grade class at Taylor Elementary in Foxborough, Massachusetts, asked questions.

Kendall: I question why you never made a book about your Airdale, Bernet, because I write about my favorite moments with my pets. When you were a kid did you want to have a Airdale when you grew up?

Tomie: I have written a story about my dog Bronte, but it hasn't been scheduled for publication. When I was young, I didn't wish for an Airedale. My parents got an Airedale when I was in my 30s.

Amanda: Is living alone a big deal for you?

Tomie: No. But, I don't actually live alone. My dog Bronte lives with me.

James: Was Buddy annoying? Were you really in a tiny tot wedding?

Tomie: Yes, Buddy was annoying. Yes, I was in a tiny tot wedding.

Patrick: Are you going to make another book soon? If so, when it comes out I will run as fast as I can to the bookstore.

Tomie: My newest book was published a couple of weeks ago: LET THE WHOLE EARTH SING PRAISE. My next book will be published in the fall: STREGA NONA'S GIFT. Run! Run! Run!