Thursday, February 10, 2011

Too Many Genres!

Sophia is in fifth grade and lives in Grand Island, New York: I am writing a bioraphy, book revew (26 Fairmont Avenue), a genre description (what genre you write) and a biblography, wow! I chose you because I am full Italian and you are Italian too, and I fell in love with Strega Nona because I have a nonna and nonno too... So if you have any information on what genre you write in..."

Tomie: I write several different kinds of books.
AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL
Example: NANA UPSTAIRS & NANA DOWNSTAIRS
BOARD BOOKS
Example: MARCOS COUNTS
CHAPTER BOOKS
Example: 26 FAIRMOUNT AVENUE
CHRISTMAS
Example: GUESS WHO'S COMING TO SANTA'S FOR DINNER?
COLLECTIONS
Example: TOMIE DEPAOLA'S MOTHER GOOSE
FOLKTALES
Example: THE LEGEND OF THE BLUEBONNET
HUMOR
Example: BILL AND PETE
MEMOIR:
Example: CHRISTMAS REMEMBERED
NONFICTION
Example: THE POPCORN BOOK
RELIGIOUS
Example: PATRICK, THE PATRON SAINT OF IRELAND
RETELLINGS
Example: ADELITA, A MEXICAN CINDERELLA STORY

I could probably add additional styles of writing to this list. I also have illustrated over 100 stories written by other people.

Since I've written and/or illustrated over 200 books, you've taken on a big project. Good luck!